Christiana Kafa [21, Perikleous Str., 10563 Athens, Greece, tel.: +302109825301, email: email@example.com], acting as Data Controller, is dedicated to protecting your personal data made available to us and we try our best to process your information in a transparent manner, compliant to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU/2016/679) and in conformity with the applicable legislation.
This policy applies to data from which any living individual is identified or identifiable whether directly or indirectly. Specifically, we collect and process the following categories of personal data concerning you:
- Information provided by you through our website, http://www.christianakafa.com. This information includes your first and last name, your email address, billing address, shipping address, company name, country, apartment, suite or unit, town/city, county, postcode, telephone number.
- The history of your communication with us; either via phone, email, Facebook or Instagram IM
- The history of your orders as saved in ‘My Account’ and your ‘Wishlist’
- Billing information and information for invoicing (TIN, address, bank account number etc.)
- Information for the conclusion of an agreement with Christiana Kafa (full name, telephone number, addresses, TIN, email address)
- Information deriving from your electronic signature or business cards, such as name, title, telephone number, email, postal address, fax etc.
- When you visit our website, we may automatically collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, as well as information from cookies, provided that you accept cookies to be stored on your device. For more details, read our Cookies Policy below.
- Your CV or resume and any information contained in the cover letter you send to us using the career form provided for in our website.
Before providing us with personal data relating to a third party, you have the responsibility and the obligation to inform that person about the content of this Policy.
We collect the above described personal data:
- Directly by our website users via our website and social media applications linked to our website;
- Through cookies that may collect personal data;
We store your data in a physical structured filing system as well as in our digital archive (email accounts and server), where limited access is granted to authorised people within our company, depending on the nature of the communication and the correspondent processing. These two methods of keeping may not exist simultaneously, in the sense that some personal data are kept in our computerized database whereas others may be stored in hard copies.
We process the personal data that we collect when you engage with us in order to:
- confirm/verify the details of your order;
- conclude our agreement;
- execute, ship and deliver your order;
- improve customer service and shopping experience, by tracking your preferences train
- our staff for the best customer support possible;
- manage newsletter subscriptions and marketing requests;
- stay connected with our subscribers and clientele;
- protect our rights and that of our users from criminal actions;
- respond to requests/inquiries that you submit via our website;
- improve our website content and policies;
I. Consent: By registering online or submitting your personal information, you are also agreeing to the use of that information according to this statement. Your information is not used for other purposes, unless we have your explicit consent or it is permitted by law or there is other basis for processing of personal data as following. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (for instance, with regards to our newsletters and promotional material), unless it is provided for otherwise by applicable law or authority.
II. The process of carrying out your order: We process your personal data because it is mandatory for the execution of the order to which you are a party, or in order to take measures at your request prior to the execution. In such case we use your personal data for the following purposes:
1) To prepare the order in connection with the services we offer.
2) To provide you with the services as agreed upon.
3) To deal with any complaints or feedback you may have.
4) For any other purpose for which you have provided us with your personal data.
III. Legitimate interests: Your personal data is also processed by us because it is mandatory for our legitimate interests or those of another person. In such case we use your personal data as follows:
1) for marketing to you (see separate section of marketing below)
2) for training our staff to monitor their performance.
3) for administration and management purposes of our business including recovering money owed to us by you and archiving or statistical analysis.
4) For seeking advice concerning our rights and obligations.
In general, we disclose your information to our authorized employees and collaborators, who are responsible for managing and fulfilling obligations related to your order and proper use of our website and/or e-shop. We do not process nor transfer your personal data in unlawful manner or for improper use. We do, however, share personal data, with your explicit consent to proceed with this processing, with our advertising companies or shipping agencies.
When sharing your personal data with third parties, your personal data will only be transferred based on written contracts including data protection clauses with the said party.
Your information will be retained for as long as the relevant activity or offered service dictates. With regards to our accounting records, we retain all relevant information (including invoices etc.) for a period of 5 years, pursuant to the Greek tax code as in force. We might be obliged to keep our accounting books and records for an additional period if we are obliged to do so in order to fulfill other obligations or to substantiate outstanding cases of a non-tax nature (such as employment and insurance law issues, special obligations arising from investment / development laws or programs likely to the business has been incorporated, any litigation, etc.
Regarding the Information we receive for recruitment purposes, if the application is not successful or if the employment proposal is not accepted, we will delete your personal data and any other relevant information, from our physical and/or electronic records, within 6 months from the date of the applicable closing event.
If your application for employment is successful, we will be obliged to use your information as long as the employment agreement is in force and the law provides for after its termination, or for as long as eventual court or extra judicial proceedings last to defend against legal claims. We can delete your data earlier from our records, upon your request, only to the extent allowed.
You have a series of rights on the personal information that you have shared with us. More explicitly:
1) You may obtain access to and copies of your personal data from our archive.
2) You may demand that we cease processing your personal data.
3) You may demand that we cease sending you marketing communications.
4) You may demand that we erase your personal data.
5) You may demand that we minimise or restrict our data processing activities.
6) You may demand that we correct your personal data which we have in our possession if it is incorrect or complete it.
The above rights are not restrictive or absolute. We are obliged to answer to the relevant request(s) within one month from the submission of the said request, however, we may have the right to refuse any request if the law permits/obliges us so. If the request does not meet the requirements of applicable law, we reserve the right either to: (a) impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communicating or executing the requested action, or (b) reject your request.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights or if you have any concerns relating to the protection of your personal data please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our methods of processing your personal data you may submit a complaint before the Hellenic Data Protection Authority by following this link: http://www.dpa.gr/portal/page?_pageid=33,211532&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL or by contacting the HDPA using the following contact details:
Postal Address: 1-3, Kifisias av., Athens, Greece (PC 11523)
Call Centre: +30210 6475600
Fax: +30210 6475628
Taking into account the state of the art, the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing, we implement and use a range of technical and organizational measures that ensure a level of data security appropriate for the level of risk presented by processing personal data. These measures include:
1) Training of staff and decision makers to ensure they are aware of our privacy obligations when processing personal data;
2) Binding confidentiality and data protection clauses in employment and collaboration contracts;
3) Technical security measures, including firewalls and anti-virus software and PC passwords;
4) Staff security passwords to access our premises;
5) Security breach notification process at the Data Protection Authority; if necessary, notification process to the affected data subjects.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Cart” and “Wishlist”.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Christiana Kafa, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete Christiana Kafa user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.
Please check this page periodically if you wish to monitor changes that may be implemented, as we try to keep our privacy policies updated.